I’m hoping that you’ll be able to join us for this Art of Communication | The Language of Leadership Workshop on Friday, September 7, 2012 at the Center for Changing Lives in Minneapolis, MN. Please share/re-post this invitation as appropriate!
About this workshop:
Bringing together the Melody of Skillful Communication with the Harmony of Connection
Friday, September 7, 2012 |Minneapolis, MN
Center for Changing Lives, 2400 Park Ave S
9:00am – 4:00pm
Registration: $55.00 (includes tuition, materials and meals)
Student Registration: $30.00
(scholarships also available)
For more information:
*This event is sponsored by Southside Community Health Services &
The Center for Leadership Education in Maternal and Child Public Health, School of Public Health, University of Minnesota*
— James Humes
No matter what kind of work you do, you (and your clients, employees) are always in relationship. Across our varied contexts success hinges on good relationship skills. Do you or your clients or organizations struggle, either personally or in teams, with:
* Poor or toxic communication patterns?
* Ineffective or confusing communications?
* Unproductive or low team morale or low positivity?
* Conflict avoidance or poor conflict resolution?
* Low creativity, productivity or team synergy?
* Role confusion or poorly occupied roles?
These are some of the ways that poor Relationship Systems Intelligence (RSI) can show up in individuals, teams and organizations – and enhancing your own leadership capacity is one way to improve RSI across personal and professional contexts.
The most fulfilling relationships, effective teams and successful change-efforts thrive in harmonious communications environments where connectivity and RESONANCE are high and where conflict, alienation and DISSONANCE are low and effectively harnessed and tamed when they appear. We are healthier and our organizations flourish in environments that support growth.
This Art of Communication | The Language of Leadership workshop will create a deep learning environment to allow participants to:
- Expand their understanding of interpersonal/team communications dynamics and Relationship System Intelligence (RSI);
- ·Enhance their capacity to effectively read and navigate complex communications
environments and challenges;
- Develop an understanding of relationship systems theory and the impact on
communications and connectivity among individuals and teams; and
- Develop a toolkit of exercises, tools and strategies to improve how they communicate(in personal and professional contexts) in the service of improved connections as leaders.
Additionally, participants will:
- Develop skills to build quality long-term relationships based on communication and
- Increase their capacity to recognize and address ineffective interpersonal and team
communication patterns and develop a toolkit of strategies to enhance connectivity;
- Deepen their understanding and awareness of the impact their communication and “languaging” behaviors have in their personal and professional environments; and
- Apply practical solutions to everyday situations to transform their work with individuals,
teams and organizations.
We strongly believe that the beauty and flow of “Symphonic Truth” is created when the cacophony of voices making up the communications landscape are moved by design to a place of harmony. Each voice making an essential contribution, just like each instrument in a symphony. This harmonious effect is unmatched by any that a single ‘instrument’ could make on it’s own.
Why should you or your team members attend?
Investing in enhancing individuals’ capacity for emotional social intelligence leads to improvements in overall personal and professional performance. Investing in YOU leads to:
•Increased productivity (individually and across teams), satisfaction, fulfillment and sense of wellbeing and health;
•Reduced decision making time and increased transparency in information sharing; and
•Increased shared responsibility in problem solving.
The reward to organizations is just as great. Organizations that invest in connectivity, communications and leadership see:
•Improved talent retention as a result of more favorable work environment, therefore reducing turnover costs and improving outcomes; and
•Diminished resistance to change and uncertainty increasing teams self assessment of effectiveness.
This workshop is appropriate for individuals, team members or team leaders interested in improving their capacity to skillfully master a complex communications landscape. This includes mid- to senior-level managers and leadership (across sector), coaches, change-makers, public health and social service-oriented professionals.